List of municipal bonds for sale
This selection of top 10 florida municipal bonds for sale today uses Artificial Intelligence to address various aspects such as issuer reputation, investment potential, and the significance of the issuing entities. These bonds are distinguished by their top-tier BondView ratings and credit assessments, which can indicate low default potential and robust fiscal health. The report aims to guide investors in making more informed decisions.
Scroll to the right over the table for full view.
Why These Bonds Are Good Investments
1. Attractive Yield to Worst (YTW): The YTWs on these Florida Municipal Bonds range from 2.71% to 3.30%, offering solid returns in a low-interest-rate environment. This is particularly beneficial for investors seeking better yields than what is currently available in savings accounts or CDs.
2. Favorable Coupon Rates: With coupon rates mostly at 5% and some at 4%, these bonds offer a higher periodic income compared to many current fixed-income options. This is ideal for investors seeking consistent cash flow from their investments.
3. Short to Mid-Term Maturities: Maturity dates are near, ranging up to 2025, which is advantageous for investors who prefer a shorter investment timeline. This reduces the exposure to long-term market volatility and interest rate risks.
4. Fair Market Pricing: The closeness of the asking prices to the Bondview Estimated Prices suggests these bonds are fairly priced in the market. This alignment ensures investors are not overpaying and are entering at a reasonable market value.
5. Solid Bondview Ratings and BV Credit Scores: All bonds have a Bondview rating of 5 and BV Credit Scores between 8 and 10, indicating strong creditworthiness and a lower likelihood of default. This provides a level of security and confidence for investors.
6. Insured and Uninsured Options: The mix of insured and uninsured bonds offers choices for different risk appetites. Insured bonds provide an additional layer of security, appealing to more risk-averse investors.
7. Diverse Issuer Base: The bonds are issued by a variety of entities, including hospital districts, cities, and utility commissions, each backed by different revenue streams. This diversity can help mitigate sector-specific risks.
8. Backed by Robust Local Economies: Issuers like Orlando, Jacksonville, and Pembroke Pines represent economically diverse and growing areas in Florida, suggesting a strong backing for these bonds.
South Broward Hospital District
Issuer Reputation: Known for providing essential healthcare services in Florida, the district has a stable revenue stream from healthcare services.
Investment Potential: Healthcare bonds like these are generally seen as stable, especially when backed by a reputable hospital district, indicating reliable investment potential.
Issuer Reputation: As a growing city in Florida, Pembroke Pines is known for its sound fiscal management and community development projects.
Investment Potential: The city’s growth and economic development activities suggest promising investment potential, especially in capital improvement projects.
Florida State Board of Education
Public Education Capital Outlay Bonds
Issuer Reputation: As a state entity, the Board of Education is backed by the state’s commitment to education, indicating strong support and stability.
Investment Potential: Bonds issued for public education infrastructure are typically stable with potential for steady returns, given the state’s backing.
Issuer Reputation: Miramar’s strategic location and diverse economy contribute to its positive financial health.
Investment Potential: The city’s commitment to capital improvement and infrastructure projects enhances its bonds’ investment appeal.
Leon County – Tallahassee City
Issuer Reputation: This intergovernmental agency benefits from the economic and political stability of being Florida’s capital city and a county seat.
Investment Potential: Sales tax revenue bonds like these are often seen as stable investments, reflecting the economic activity of the region.
Issuer Reputation: As one of the largest cities in Florida, Jacksonville has a diverse economy and a strong record of municipal management.
Investment Potential: The city’s bonds, particularly for special revenue projects, are generally viewed as solid investments due to the city’s economic base.
Orlando Utilities Commission
Issuer Reputation: Known for its stable utility services in Orlando, the commission enjoys a strong customer base and consistent revenue.
Investment Potential: Utility bonds are typically seen as secure investments, given the essential nature of the services provided.
Issuer Reputation: Ocoee is a smaller city but has demonstrated steady growth and responsible fiscal management.
Investment Potential: Water and sewer system revenue bonds offer stability, backed by essential public services and the city’s growing infrastructure needs.
Florida State Board of Education
Capital Outlay Bonds
Issuer Reputation: Similar to other bonds issued by the Florida State Board of Education, these are backed by the state’s commitment to public education.
Investment Potential: Capital outlay bonds for education infrastructure projects tend to be secure, reflecting the ongoing need for educational facilities.
For Investors & Analysts
Keep Your Broker Honest
Your broker may not reach out to you proactively about bonds for sale and may not know all your options. With BondView, you can rest assured that you have the same or better information than your broker.
Verify A Muni Bond Quote
Get an accurate price for a bond that your broker has pitched. Verify your own estimated price against its real-time asking price.
Gauge Ease Of Buying Or Selling A Bond
BondView provides 3 liquidity indicators in this report. See how in demand a bond is based on the funds that hold this bond and their buy/sell activity. Do the same for public and BondView portfolios.
This list of municipal bonds for sale is from November 13th, 2023. For real-time municipal bonds for sale information, BondView is your compass. A quick CUSIP entry or an advanced search will lead you to specific bond details, from coupon rates and maturity dates to recent trade prices and current credit ratings.
As with any investment, the market value may vary during the period the investment is held. Subject to prior sale and market conditions. Price as of 11/13/23.